Monday, April 21, 2014

Power Dropped Tangling Continues

An unexpected power outage fried my cable modem and cable box so I'm just now getting around to posting these.  Apparently, posting from my Samsung Tablet is going to require an expenditure of brain power. You'd think mobile blogging would be easier. Above is "Bonsai" because I felt like it. I'm procrastinating on starting my study of the runes. I think I want to make them smaller. This is a bit large and I tend to stick with the same tangle to use up space.

This combines several recent Diva Challenges. I'm not quite brave enough to post my link on her site. She has some very accomplished tanglers and I'm a rank novice.  This combines the newest official tangle Rixty and  the challenge to use my initials as a string. I'm afraid I wasn't very creative that night. I also wanted to try the colors on the tan colored cardstock. I'm not sure how the cardstock would stand up to wet blending so I did the best I could with the stump.  I really can't see very well on this colored paper. But, I love the effect.

More tangling on watercolor. Just for fun - I attempted another Diva Challenge to use Quandary. I'm not sure it turned out quite as I thought it would but a few circles transformed it into flowers. There are no mistakes in Zentangle.


Fun on pale yellow cardstock with blue Micron ink and a bit o soft gray shading. this is a Zendala but I'm still having trouble planning them out.
BE as a greeting card.  I think I like the first one better and this one was challenging. Maybe I was just tired. It was fun and I see some elements I'm going to carry forth. Whimsy is such a release for me. 

Next I need to start focusing on the rune project so I can start packing up my fancy supplies for the big move. We had our home inspected by the buyers on Friday..... This could be it (with guarded enthusiasm as not to jinx it).  I should also think of something for Miss May's upcoming birthday. Maybe I'll just give her the blue teapot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment