Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Inktober 4 - Underwater

Got it done early today! Yup - procrastinating on the pile of work I must finish today. Always surprises me where these prompts take me. I had something else totally different in mind. I do like the fish.... I'm not very good at representational drawing. When I was very young, like maybe 9, our class went to the Walker Art Museum to see Andy Worhol's work. Abstract art for a young midwestern, suburban girl was a giant stretch. I clearly remember pondering a large sculpture of French fries. I didn't get it. The mere mention of abstract, modern, avant garde... would shut me down entirely. And, here I am doing mostly abstract art 50 years later. LOL

I think I finally understood art when I went to the Smithsonian's Mark Rothko color field painting installation. It was quite moving. I teared up. I finally "got it!" I still love Rothko's work. And, now am most inspired by Peter Deligdish www,peterdraws.com I have permission to be free.



No comments:

Post a Comment