Saturday, April 27, 2013

Happy 2013 World Tai chi Qigong Day!

http://worldtaichiday.org/
This global celebration has become an annual event in my life. Today was the first time that there wasn't an organized event in Wasilla (that I know of). It was bittersweet, but, I celebrated anyway.

World Tai Chi & Qigong Day is one day when Taichi players feel connected and set aside our differences in form and technique to open our heart center to the treasure we have found.

In preparation for today, I decided to do a bit of practice last night. For me to continue a practice it has to be fun. I've really gotten into playing music and making practicing form into a dance. And, true to my nature, I've been more fascinated with progressing in choreography and philosophy of Chen form ala Master Jou & Shiva Wollering. I KNOW I KNOW - Qigong is good for me and it makes me feel so good; but, for some reason it has been taking a back seat. "I don't have time. I don't feel like it today. Tomorrow. Maybe later. It's so routine." In fact Qigong seems like calisthenics or drills. So prescribed and not much room for creativity. So, last night I buckled down and did the Qigong - Ba Dua Jin first. I even did some standing meditation (another thing I can put off without much prompting or feeling guilty)  My knee hurt, my left foot is swollen, my back was stiff, my hands were tight. I had a whole list of possible excuses but I pushed through in spite of it all.

WOW! All my questions about whether I should bother with Qigong daily or whether or not I should do it before or in lieu of form were answered. I felt so good. No pain in the knee, no pain in the foot, my back loosened up, and I think I'm starting to see better with my left eye.  I could breathe better and gained energy I sure didn't have when I began.

I'm sure if I'd apply this same dedication daily and increased my meditation time I would feel even better.  Why do I let ol Resistance win?

I read a book about learning to conquer Resistance and living the creative life. The author said that Resistance is Evil. There is nothing good to come from engaging Resistance and winning the battle won't make it go away. We must learn that Evil is a fact of physical life (what's the matter with you?) and part of that lovely cycle of life - Yin Yan - Tai Chi - Wan Wu...  So, I will not beat myself up over my negligence and laziness; but, i will embrace Qigong more fully.

When I awoke this morning, I heard the wind whipping and knew I couldn't do my Taiji outdoors. I decided to do some Qigong meditations and connect with those globally for a few hours. I am peaceful and happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment