Monday, April 1, 2013

The Sun Breaks Through - Easter

After the dreary day of freezing rain yesterday, the sunshine was a blessing for Easter. The piles of snow are melting into liquid earth. It looks solid but it isn't. Reminds me of learning to step back. I used to struggle with it. The movements were painful emotionally and physically because I was concerned about stepping into insecurity. But, now, the forms and movements are coming to me faster. I have more confidence in my stance and strength in my intention. In fact this week I managed to learn two lessons and several movements in the Chen form at Internal Gardens.

 I love doing form so much that sometimes I have to force myself to do the daily Qigong exercises like Ba Duan Jin. They've become like brushing teeth or doing scales on the piano. I know they're important but they require so much attention and dedication. I eat my spinach but I make it into a smoothie. Sometimes it seems like the Qigong isn't supposed to be sugar coated. But, if I relax and just enjoy the movements without belaboring every imagination, I tend to spend more time. Somewhere there is balance.

Mom reminded me that I have a tough week ahead and that the improved weather and sunshine will make the tasks ahead easier.

- just about to movement 30 of the Chen form - so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment