Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring Equinox Alaska Style

Brilliant spring sunshine heralded the Spring Equinox today. Soon the bright turquoise ice on the lake will be black and the trees will be shrouded in the hazy pink of new buds. But, it is not Spring here yet.





"If you want to shrink something,You must first allow it to expand.If you want to get rid of something,You must first allow it to flourish.If you want to take something,You must first allow it to be given.This is called the subtle perceptionOf the way things are."
-Tao Te Ching

I connected online with the Spring Forest Qigong Spring healing meditation today. The sound of Master Chunyi Lin's voice and chanting was comforting. After many years practicing Transcendental Meditation and Zen Meditation, Taoist Healing Meditation is a totally new experience for me. I find myself experiencing colors and sensations that I didn't feel with TM or Zen. Sometimes I encounter people I haven't met, animals, or places I've never been. It's magical. And, it is healing. The openness and inclusiveness is remarkable.

Last night Chai mysteriously hurt his front leg in the middle of the night. We truly couldn't find a reason or hint of what was wrong. So, today, I tried my hand at distance Qigong healing. When he came out of Jean's room she remarked that he only had a "hitch" and May didn't see any favoring of a leg. So, maybe, I'm getting the hang of this healing stuff.

Spring is a good time to go elsewhere. Alaska is not at it's best in March and April. Hawaii sounds good or maybe to see the seals in Monterey Bay. At any rate I'm ready for renewal and healing, sunshine, and green.



No comments:

Post a Comment