Thursday, February 20, 2014

Rune Project - Algiz

Algiz
protection, higher self, shelter, safety

Algiz is the protection rune.  There may be a hidden danger ahead but if you follow your instincts you will have the ability to defend yourself.  This may be a time to set out on risky adventures; this rune is advising you to do so with caution and conscientiousness.  Pay attention and you will be safe.

Reverse Interpretation - Algiz reversed may appear when you are ignoring your conscience. By failing to heed your inner wisdom, you may be risking your safety. You may be tired or under a great amount of stress, making it difficult ot make good decisions. This reversed rune urges you to retreat to restore your good sense and self-preservation instincts.

Element - Air
Polarity - masculine
Zodiac - Cancer
Co lour - gold
Crystal - amethyst
Plant - sedge grass
Tree - service
Deity - heimdall

"The Elk-sedge usually lives in the fen,
growing in the water.
It wounds severely,
staining with blood any man who makes a grab at it."

I regularly cast runes. A few months ago I asked Edward to send me a rune. I meditated and Algiz was the rune he sent to me.  It is quite appropriate since safety, security, and protection were always provided by Edward and I'm new to learning how to defend myself. It was a great message and has become my favorite rune. I couldn't resist tangling it.



No comments:

Post a Comment