Saturday, February 8, 2014

Doodling the Winter Away

My tangled sheltie - available on cafepress.com/lazytea
Last summer I received an email contact from one of the Etsy artisans It suggested Zentangle for children. What a great idea! I saw it as a fun way for my daughter to hone her fine motor skills.  I immediately visited Zentangle for Kids and ordered supplies and the book from Sandy. But, I couldn't wait to try it out.  It brought back memories of all the long hours I spent doodling in Algebra class when I was her age.  I recalled all the newspaper and magazine margins filled with doodles on our kitchen table. I think I was born to tangle. I've always had a love affair with pens, pencils, paper, watercolor...but I am NOT a visual artist. But, hey, this isn't really art it's just doodling.

Six months have passed and I spend hours everyday doodling. I managed to get some projects done for Christmas presents and to tangle some pumpkins and ornaments for the holidays which quickly sold on Etsy.
I even made a coloring calendar for Maybelle. She seems to prefer coloring my tangles to making her own.  What I haven't done is actually get my work up on a blog.  Since tangling is so meditative for me, I decided it belongs on this blog.

February coloring calendar page 



No comments:

Post a Comment