Saturday, February 8, 2014

Lighthouses

One of my first ideas for Zentangle Inspired Art was lighthouses.  I'm not a lighthouse nut but I love the seaside and wanted to tangle places I've been. Of course Hattaras was my first lighthouse. I like how it turned out (remember I'm just beginning this and I do not see well). It is framed and hangs on my bedroom wall.


Then I decided to tangle my friend Janet's favorite lighthouse Haceta Head in Oregon.  Jean sketched the first string for me but I didn't like what I'd done to it and stopped about 3/4 the way through. She sketched me a new outline and I tangled away even playing with more saturated colors.  But, I think I will try again for something I like better to send to Janet.  I'm just not happy with this one.  I may just try a different viewpoint on the lighthouse.
Hacita Head Lighthouse attempt 2

My next lighthouse is going to be Split Rock on Lake Superior. I remember seeing it as a child. It was my first lighthouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment