Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Coloring with Cataracts

I agreed with my daughter that one of the calendar pages for the digital download listing on Etsy should be colored. I chose April. It is my birth month and I love eggs and bunnies and flowers. Aside from the difficulties of choosing colors with cataracts (can't really see the color accurately (Yes, just like Monet) and I can't read the embossed color name on the pencil) and near impossibility of coloring on card stock, I'm pleased with the outcome. It was fun but it took a loooong time.  I had the Olympics Ice Dancing competition in the background. In my heart I will always want to be a figure skater.

I also dug out some old wet-on-wet water color projects saved from homeschooling lessons and cut them into smaller pieces to tangle.  I was inspired by a yellow and green piece to smile. I may put this up on Listia to get a few points for buying pencils or something. Who knows. I don't think it's Etsy worthy though. Maybe the next one.  Or you know, I might just keep it to remind me to SMILE!
My teacher Chunyi Lin is always reminding me to smile!

S.M.I.L.E. = Start My Internal Love Engine! 

The simple act of smiling immediately helps your body to relax.

A smile also sends a message to your brain to produce endorphins, the body's natural feel-good hormone. If you're helping another person, your smile will help her or him to relax, too. 

By smiling you help to open your connection to the unconditional love in your heart. That's what S.M.I.L.E means: Start My Internal Love Engine. A simple smile helps you open your heart
-Chunyi Lin 

"Smile in your Liver" - Eat, Pray, Love

Inner Smile Meditation -  I find this meditation opened up many healing and enlightening gates for me

No comments:

Post a Comment