Tuesday, March 4, 2014

More March Tangles

Used a .08 Micron pen for the main part of this tangle. I think it works better on the rough paper. Shaded with a dark indigo Inktense pencil.  I really like how that came out. It was a lot more fun too.  I think there are some amazing things to be done with those pencils but I have to work on my skill and courage. I'm not terribly confident when it comes to shading and coloring.

Sketched the string for this one a few weeks back. I was looking for a quick project while I watched this week's DVR recordings. I love Hotel Impossible & Castle.  Also blended a bit while I watched the crises unfold in the Ukraine on CNN.  Such a culture clash. So much corruption. It is very sad. I will take it into my mindfulness.  Being mindful and meditating can change the world.  Zentangling is very meditative too.  This is "Lotus 1" I was going to use color but when I finished the shading I decided I liked it just fine without color. I'm hesitant to get too complicated because I can quickly ruin a piece with my novice attempts at color.


No comments:

Post a Comment