Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Uncanny Tins

I have finished tangling some tea cans. today I decided it was time to put them up for sale on Etsy. I still have several that are early prototypes that I keep for myself; but these should go to good homes.  I really like how the purple and gold turned out though they are my first gesso covered tins. The gesso is sturdier but it tends to be a bit rough on pens.  I might try sanding it a little.  Maybe apply 2 coats of gesso & sand lightly?  The rectangle white can does not have a gesso base. I used acrylic paint which I think is more fun to work on though not as forgiving. I tired some shading and watercolor on another tin that I had only covered in paint and it ended up with some places without a base. I will have to recover and try those again.  I've also toyed with using chalkboard paint as a base.  I think I may have to sand that as well.  It didn't take the paint marker very well and looked sloppy.  I might try Sakura Souffle pens when I have the patience.  Those pens are slow to dry and you can't get in a hurry to lay down a design. If you want more pictures follow the link to the listings on Etsy.

This tin on Etsy (different from the above can.  This one doesn't have any shading and the lines that hold it together are thinner.





No comments:

Post a Comment